Friday, July 9, 2010

Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt






This band is incredible. I defy you to listen to this and not enjoy yourself. TPDR is a collective of sorts who make very happy music about love, life, loss, and snowdays. Their debut album, entitled I Love You. I Love You. I Love You And I'm In Love With You. Have An Awesome Day! Have The Greatest Day Of Your Life! (the first two pics up above) came out this year, and their EP, We're Humans: Be Awesome! came out in 2008 or something. The EP has three songs on it, Fast Forward Regrets, Snowday, and In Your Face Suckiness, which are all on the debut. But, look at that EP: It's got a see-through disc with a dinosaur on it. Why WOULDN'T you want it?

As for the debut, it's definitely one of the best releases of the year. It takes the main idea of the EP's songs (happiness and fun and stuff) and expands on it to make some of the catchiest tunes out there. Plus, the lyrics are surprisingly great - even beautiful at times. (YOU MAKE MY HEART EXPLODE! WE'RE ALIVE, WE'RE IN LOVE, WE'VE GOT HOPE JUST BECAUSE!) Unfortunately there aren't many songs of theirs on YouTube, aside from live stuff (their live shows are apparently like one giant dance party. I seriously need to get to one), but look around to find samples and stuff. Or, y'know, buy the album itself. Trust me, you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment